Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Are you searching for a real and relevant upgrade in your resume during the COVID-19 scenario?
This course can make you the most essential professional in the market.
The current pandemic has highlighted the importance of building the capacity and understanding of the workforce to practice safe infection control procedures. This skill set will provide you with the skills and knowledge that will make you an essential professional in industries such as Retail, Food handling, Transport and logistic, to manage and assist companies in providing procedures to protect employees, customers and others in the community from infectious diseases. You will understand how infections are spread, ways of preventing the spread of infection and how to protect yourself and others from infection.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks.
Learn the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures. This nationally accredited training includes implementing standard and transmission-based precautions; responding to standard and transmission-based events and responding to infection risks.
This course is essential in developing your workplace health and safety capacity. It has been contextualised to meet the immediate need for workers in a variety of roles to upskill in infection control.
THIS COURSE IS IDEAL FOR:
Individuals working in a broad range of industries in our current COVID-19 environment.
Please note this course has assessment requirements that must be completed in a workplace. If you are not able to access a workplace for the practical assessments, you will not be able to successfully complete this unit of competency.
Upon successful completion students will receive a statement of attainment in – HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
- practical applications of infection control procedures to various industries
- identify infection hazards and assess risks
- best practice virus and bacterial infection and control
- enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- limitation of contamination
- where to find reliable and trustworthy information
- hand hygiene and care of hands
- use of personal protective equipment
- handling of waste
Based on your industry area your Statement of Attainment will be issued as one of the following Skill Sets:
- HLTSS00067 Infection control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics) – suitable for all sizes of businesses, e.g. offices, depots, customer sites, warehouses, distribution centres, courier services and service centres.
- HLTSS00065 Infection control Skill Set (Retail) – suitable for people working in retail, supermarkets, entertainment (without food), salons, gyms and markets.
- HLTSS0006 Infection control skillset (food handling) – Suitable for people working in food outlets, aged & disability care, education, performance venues and food delivery.
Online virtual classroom
25 Hours – (90 Maximum days to complete)
The course doesn’t have an entry requirements.
All you need to attend it is:
- a computer to participate in online learning
- workplace, organisation policies and procedures
- ability to video your assessment or participate in a video conference (smartphone) OR access to a workplace supervisor to observe, monitor and assess your performance
Our trainers are fully qualified to deliver nationally recognised training and are highly experienced in their area of expertise