Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking
ICT40418 | CRICOS CODE 099855A
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to install and manage small-scale networks, either as an independent network support technician or as part of a team.
- BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- ICTICT401 Determine and confirm client business requirements
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTNWK401 Install and manage a server
- ICTNWK420 Install and configure virtual machines for sustainable ICT
- ICTNWK403 Manage network and data integrity
- ICTNWK404 Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network
- ICTTEN416 Install, configure and test an internet protocol network
- ICTNWK421 Install, configure and test network security
- ICTNWK407 Install and configure client-server applications and services
- ICTSAS426 Locate and troubleshoot ICT equipment, system and software faults
- ICTTEN417 Install, configure and test a router
- ICTPMG401 Support small-scale ICT projects
- ICTNWK410 Install hardware to a network
- ICTNWK411 Deploy software to networked computers
- ICTNWK412 Create network documentation
- ICTNWK419 Identify and use current virtualizationon technologies
Full time – 52 weeks
- Complex computer skills with the ability to modify and save a document and to upload attachments.
- Access to computer and the internet.
- 18 years old or above to apply for this course.
- Satisfactory completed Year 12 of secondary education or its equivalent.
- For overseas students whose first language is not English an overall IELTS score of 5.5 or
- Pass an Abbey College Australia entry test designed to assess the level of English proficiency that
- Is equivalent to IELTS Academic 5.5.
There is a direct pathway between this qualification and a wide range Diplomas in ICT.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- IP-based network Installer
- Specialised network infrastructure installer
- Secure IT network installer
- Entry-level Network Support
- Entry-level Server Support
|2020 Intake Dates||2021 Intake Dates||2022 Intake Dates|
|06 Jan, 03 Feb||04 Jan, 01 Feb||03 Jan,31 Jan|
|06 Apr, 04 May||05 Apr, 03 May||04 Apr,02 May|
|06 Jul, 03 Aug||05 Jul, 02 Aug||04 Jul, 01 Aug|
|05 Oct, 02 Nov||04 Oct, 01 Nov||03 Oct, 31 Oct|