Certificate IV in Information Technology (Specialization: Networking and System Administration
ICT40120 | CRICOS CODE 102822B
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who are job ready and competent in a wide range of information and communications technology (ICT) roles and apply a broad range of skills in varied work contexts, using problem solving skills and effective communication with others.
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- Networking: installing, configuring and testing networks and servers in organisations
- systems administration support: implementing maintenance procedures and support to help troubleshoot system applications
- ICTNWK422 Install and manage servers
- ICTNWK429 Install hardware to networks
- ICTNWK423 Manage network and data integrity
- BSBXCS404 Contribute to cyber security risk management
- ICTICT445 Connect and configure devices and hardware components
- ICTSAS436 Evaluate ICT system status
- ICTSAS438 Implement maintenance procedures
- ICTSAS441 Support ICT system software
- ICTPRG302 Apply introductory programming techniques
- ICTNWK420 Install and configure virtual machines for sustainable ICT
- ICTICT443 Work collaboratively in the ICT industry
- ICTSAS432 Identify and resolve client ICT problems
- ICTSAS442 Provide first-level remote help desk support
- ICTICT426 Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices
- BSBCRT404 Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes
- ICTNWK421 Install, configure and test network security
- ICTSAS443 Support operating system users and troubleshoot applications
- ICTTEN434 Install, configure and test internet protocol networks
- ICTICT451 Comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTNWK424 Install and operate small enterprise branch networks
Full time – 52 weeks
Complex computer skills with the ability to modify and save a document and to upload attachments.
- Access to computer and the internet.
- Computer skills with the ability to modify and save a document and to upload attachments.
- 18 years old or above to apply for this course.
- Satisfactory completed Year 12 of secondary education or its equivalent.
- For overseas students whose first language is not English an overall IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent or
- Pass an Abbey College Australia entry test designed to assess the level of English proficiency that Is equivalent to IELTS Academic 5.5.
Graduates will have significant telecommunication and information technology network knowledge and can consolidate and build pathways to further education and employment opportunities including but not limited to:
- ICT50120 Diploma of Information Technology
- ICT51015 Diploma of Telecommunications Engineering
- ICT60615 Advanced Diploma of telecommunications Network Engineering
With relevant working experience graduates of ICT40120 – Certificate IV in Information Technology (Networking and System Administration Support) course may gain employment in job roles including:
- Small Scale network manager
- Network support technician
- Network engineering technical officer
- Assistant network security support officer
- System maintenance officer
To view outcomes about employment prospects for this qualification see https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/ICT40120
|2021 Intake Dates||2022 Intake Dates|
|04 Jan, 01 Feb||03 Jan,31 Jan|
|05 Apr, 03 May||04 Apr,02 May|
|05 Jul, 02 Aug||04 Jul, 01 Aug|
|04 Oct, 01 Nov||03 Oct, 31 Oct|