Diploma of Telecommunications Engineering
ICT51015 | CRICOS CODE 097674M
This qualification reflects the role of a technical specialist, with high level skills and knowledge in telecommunications and information technology (IT) networks using internet protocol (IP) systems. An individual in this role can install, test and commission voice and data communications networks in medium to large enterprises using next generation networks technologies. They can provide specialist technical support in monitoring and administering the installation and upgrade of large telecommunications and IT networks including local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN), IP based protocol systems, voice over internet protocol (VoIP) and unified communications networks, secured networks, cellular mobile networks, microwave systems, wireless and wired line networks, databases, routers, switches and servers.
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- ICTPMG503 Prepare a project brief
- ICTPMG504 Prepare project specifications
- ICTTEN516 Produce technical solutions from business specifications
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- ICTTEN502 Design a telecommunications project
- ICTNWK516 Determine best-fit topology for a local network
- ICTTEN511 Administer a data communications network
- ICTSUS501 Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system
- ICTTEN513 Install, configure and test a local area network switch
- ICTTEN514 Install, configure and test a server
Full time – 52 weeks
Entry to this qualification is limited to those individuals who:
- Have completed a Certificate IV or Diploma from the ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package. or
- Have completed a Certificate III in Telecommunications with at least one year full time equivalent and relevant telecommunications practical experience. or
- Have completed a Certificate III or a Certificate IV qualification in related technical fields of study with at least one-year full time equivalent and relevant telecommunications practical experience.
- Have completed a minimum of three years equivalent full-time experience in the telecommunications industry with particular technical experience in; installation of cabling; diagnosis and rectification of telecommunications system faults; and the
delivery and operation of network infrastructure, for core and access networks in accordance with industry regulations and legislative requirements.
There is a direct pathway between this qualification and a higher level qualification. Students may undertake a higher qualification such as the ICT60615 Advanced Diploma of Telecommunications Network Engineering or a range of other Advanced Diploma qualifications and this may have advanced standing in an Australian university.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- IP-based network Installer
- Specialised network infrastructure installer
- Secure IT network installer
- Installer of emerging technologies
- Telecommunications technical specialist
- Entry-level Network Engineer
- Entry-level Server Administrator
- Entry-level Network Administrator
- Server/Network Support Level 2-3
Please be noted that work functions in the occupational areas listed above may be subject to licensing, regulations and registrations requirements. Students should contact the relevant State or Territory Department(s) to check for particular licensing/registration requirements in the State or Territory that you wish to work.
|2020 Intake Dates||2021 Intake Dates||2022 Intake Dates|
|06 Jan, 03 Feb||04 Jan, 01 Feb||03 Jan,31 Jan|
|06 Apr, 04 May||05 Apr, 03 May||04 Apr,02 May|
|06 Jul, 03 Aug||05 Jul, 02 Aug||04 Jul, 01 Aug|
|05 Oct, 02 Nov||04 Oct, 01 Nov||03 Oct, 31 Oct|